eLearning is learning that takes place using any electronic or digital means. Here’s what it has going for it:
- It knows no time zones, and location and distance are not an issue—learners can access the materials at their convenience
- It can create a number of pathways through challenging material to accommodate different learning styles and interest levels
- Adding audio and animation to visuals helps create better memory links to important information in people’s heads
- It gives you many mechanisms for highlighting critical information and grabbing a learner’s attention
- Building in time and questions for reflection and application to real life situations helps create meaning for the learner.